Tuesday 14 February 2012

Day 2

Ok, so I made it through my first full day with my invisalign trays in. Last night I slept with the trays in for the first time. It was definitely not the greatest sleep ever. I woke up a lot and my teeth felt so funny. I have read in forums how people say their teeth feel claustrophobic, I totally get that, that is the best way to describe how my teeth feel, especially when I have had my trays in for a few hours straight. 
I woke up with a really gross mouth and couldn't wait to get them off, I left them in though until I was ready to eat breakfast. I was able to leave them in for most of the day. I took them out for lunch, and then for supper, and then for a quick snack. I am really taking care to clean my teeth well, including lots of flossing, which should be good for me since I used to hardly ever floss!
The long span between lunch and supper was really difficult. I wasn't hungry, but my teeth just felt like they needed to get out of the trays, I was going crazy! I am sure it will get better every day.

Here are some observations about my experience so far:

1)Invisalign is really great for not looking like I have a metal mouth which was the main reason I wanted them over regular braces. I'm 24, but could pass for a 16 year old most days, and I felt like no way would anyone take me seriously as an adult with regular braces! No body noticed that I was wearing my trays today!.My co-workers all knew that I had my appointment yesterday to get them, and they thought I must not have gotten them yesterday because they couldn't tell I had them until I told them and then they came up really close to see.

2) The attachments are awkward. It bothers me a bit when brushing only because of the attachments. They get caught on my brush and I'm a little worried I will knock them off while brushing, but I don't really think that is possible.

3) Chewing food is difficult. When I go to eat it feels like my teeth don't know where they are. I keep biting my lips. It takes a few minutes for them to remember how to chew.

4) They aren't as easy to get out as I thought they would be. I guess I thought you could just pop them out, but they are very tight to the teeth, which makes sense, and you have to kind of work them out. I think it will get easier as I progress.

5) They didn't give me a lisp, which I was worried about because I read that it happens to a lot of people at first.

All in all it was a good first day, I was worried that I would be starving all day since I am used to almost constant snacking, but I wasn't craving a snack at all. I also am sick with a cold though so that is probably a contributing factor to my lack of appetite.
I was supposed to go out to supper tonight, but until I am more used to getting the trays out, I think I'll stick to eating at home!
Hoping the rest of the week goes smoothly!



No comments:

Post a Comment